Rookwood Properties is a diversified developer, owner and manager of residential and commercial properties in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Dayton and Columbus markets. Established in 1966, Rookwood Properties prides itself on professional service, a responsive, dedicated staff and attention to detail. Whether you are looking for office, retail, warehouse space or an apartment, Rookwood Properties offers the best exceptional value in the market.
At Rookwood Properties, we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. To submit a resume for consideration on our current or future positions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER – COMMERCIAL
This position has responsibility for management and oversight of a select group of commercial properties, which include retail centers, office buildings and light industrial or warehouse space.
- Builds positive and mutually beneficial relationships with all tenants occupying space at the property. The Property Manager should be in constant communication with each tenant to ensure tenant satisfaction with our service.
- Regularly walks the property to inspect building(s) and grounds, ensuring a well-kept and professional appearance at all times. Works closely with the vendors to create a schedule for general up-keep and preventative maintenance.
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and “walk-through” spaces with tenants and tenant improvement department.
- Regularly inspects tenant space, vacant space, public areas, storerooms, utility rooms, basements, stairways, and grounds to ensure that the building(s) cleanliness is adequate and grounds are maintained.
- Prepares, maintains and controls related budgeted operating expenses associated with respective buildings.
- Reviews delinquency list and preforms follow up with tenants. Prepares all required legal notices. Recommends and coordinates legal action as necessary.
- Reviews and reconciles tenant rent and Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery charges.
- Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have direct experience with a variety of commercial spaces including retail, office, light industrial and warehouse space. The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in property operations and client relations.
- Experience in a commercial property management company, preferred.
- Experience utilizing property management software
Assist the Maintenance Manager in maintaining all physical aspects of the property.
Assist in ensuring that service requests are completed on a timely basis.
Consult in hiring, and assist in developing and managing on-site maintenance staff.
Work within budgetary guidelines.
Assume the responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager in his/her absence.
- Develop and maintain personal technical skills necessary to provide a superior level of service, minimizing the use of outside vendors.
- Supervise the services of those outside contractors involved in the physical condition of the property, as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Assist in developing and managing a preventive maintenance program that minimizes necessary repairs and service requests and maintains the physical condition of the property.
- Assist in ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner through maintenance team and personal efforts.
- Assist in ensuring the vacant units are made rent ready in a timely manner through the maintenance associates and personal efforts.
- Consult in hiring and assist in developing and managing a full complement of highly-motivated, customer service-oriented, on-site team.
- Assist in maintaining the Company’s hazard communication program, and teach and promote proper, safe work practices among the maintenance team.
- Assist in maintaining a proper inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing service and maintaining the property, consistent with budgetary guidelines. Maintain company customer service standards. Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to the Property Manager during the budgeting process for maintenance allocations.
- Assist in scheduling employees such that service is provided while minimizing overtime.
- Serve “on call” as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the property management team, and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
Rookwood Properties offers very competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefit package for a full time employee that includes the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan