Resident ResourcesPay Rent Maintenance Request Contact Us
- What is considered a maintenance emergency?
- What preventative maintenance steps can you take?
- Tips to conserve water/sewer usage in your home
- Tips to conserve energy in your home
- Tips to keep your disposal working properly
- Rules and Regulations–Properties that do not allow dogs
- Rules and Regulations–Properties that do allow dogs
- Roommate Added Policy
- Roommate Removal Policy
- Resident Transfer Policy
- Lease Termination Policy
- Satellite Dish Policy
- Consult your property manager before arranging a satellite dish installation to confirm if your property allows dishes to be installed
MOVING DAY RESOURCES
- Moving Checklist-Get organized
- United States Postal Service Change of Address
- Duke Energy Start/Stop/Move Service
- LG&E Start/Stop/Move Service
- DP&L Start/Stop/Move Service
- Update Ohio Voter Registration
- Update Kentucky Voter Registration
- Moving Out Checklist
- Check out even more moving tips on our Pinterest Page!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When is rent due?
Rent is due the first of each month, however there is no penalty provided the rent is paid by the close of business on the fifth of the month. All associated fees must be included with your rent payment (i.e. water, pet fees, etc.)
- What happens if I do not pay my rent?
Under a standard lease written by Rookwood Properties, rent received after the 5th of the month is assessed a late fee. Our standard late fee is $25.00 plus $1.00 per day retroactive back to the first. i.e. The late fees on the 6th of the month are $31.00; $32.00 on the 7th etc. There are select properties that may have differing late fee amounts, therefore you should review your lease and/or consult your property manager for specific questions regarding your community’s fee amount. In the state of Ohio, if the rent is not paid by the tenth day of the month, a three day notice will be delivered to your apartment. In the state of Kentucky, if the rent is not paid by the sixth day of the month, a seven day notice will be delivered to your apartment. This is the first step in the legal process for non-payment of rent. If your rent is not received within three days of receiving the notice in Ohio or seven days of receiving the notice in Kentucky, our attorney will file an eviction action with the County Clerk of Courts. Court costs and attorney fees are then assessed to your account. Once your rent is late, you must pay all associated fees with the rent payment.
- When my lease expires, can I just move out?
No, we require a written sixty day notice to vacate when you decide to move.
- How do I terminate my lease?
During the first year of your occupancy, we do not offer a buy out or early termination process. If at the end of your first year’s lease, you enter into another one year lease and you must move before the end of the second year lease, you may “buy out” the lease by giving us a sixty day notice and pay two additional months’ rent prior to moving out. Click Here
- Can I apply my security deposit to my last month’s rent?
No, the security deposit is used for damages to the apartment. If there are no damages to the apartment above normal wear and tear and there are no outstanding balances on your account, you can expect to receive your full deposit back.
- How do I submit routine maintenance requests?
You may submit a maintenance request from your online tenant account. You may also call your property’s office or e-mail the property manager.
- Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform maintenance?
No, it is not necessary.
- How quickly can I expect my maintenance request to be performed?
If the request is received by 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, we will make every attempt to make the repair the same day. On occasion a part may need to be ordered, or if our personnel are handling another emergency, we will then make every attempt to make the repair the next day.
- May I perform the work myself and send you the bill?
No, all repairs must be completed by our maintenance personnel or our contractors.
- May I withhold my rent for items not corrected to my satisfaction?
No, the Ohio Revised Code does not permit you to withhold your rent for this reason. Please report your dissatisfaction to the property manager so that we may rectify the situation.
- May I change the locks on my home?
No, locks are changed prior to your moving in or upon request. ($25.00 fee may be charged)
- May I paint my apartment a different color?
Yes, you may paint the interior of your apartment. Upon vacating, you will need to paint the walls with two coats of primer, or we will charge you our added expense and deduct from your security deposit.
- What do I need to do when I move out?
Please remove all belongings and trash. Clean the oven and refrigerator and vacuum the carpet. If you have painted your apartment different colors from what we use, please put two coats of primer on the walls. If you had a satellite dish installed, remove the dish and any other parts associated with the dish. Return all keys and identify them with your apartment number.
- How soon will my security deposit be returned when I move out?
Any money refunded to you will be postmarked no later than thirty days from the date you vacated your apartment.
- What happens if I get locked out of my apartment?
During business hours Monday through Friday, contact the office and we will be happy to let you back into your apartment at no charge. If you get locked out after hours or on weekends, please call the Rookwood emergency number (513-469-6580). A $25 lock out fee is due with your next month’s rent.
- How long are the leases?
Our leases are typically 12 months. On occasion, we will allow a short term lease of at least six months for an additional charge.
- Do you accept pets?
We accept two cats per apartment at all of our communities and some of our communities accept dogs. There is a $25 monthly fee per cat (or dog if permitted) due with your rent with a maximum of 2 pets allowed per home. There is also a pet deposit that is required prior to move in: $300 for one pet and $400 for two pets.
- What do I do if a roommate leaves, but I am staying?
Please notify the office in writing that the roommate will no longer be occupying the apartment. The office will supply a form which needs to be signed by all parties. The security deposit will be processed at the time the apartment is completely vacated. A roommate is only eligible to be removed from responsibility for the lease after the original twleve-month lease term has been met and the remaining roommate must meet certain criteria. Click Here
- I want to install cable or a satellite dish, what should I do?
All Rookwood Properties’ apartments are wired for cable and you will be supplied with a list of available cable suppliers when you move into your apartment. If you would prefer to have a satellite dish, you will be required to sign a satellite dish addendum which states our policy. Satellite dishes must not extend beyond the patio or balcony, and no parts of the dish may be affixed to the building. Click Here
- I detect a gas smell, what should I do?
Immediately call Duke Energy at 800-544-6900 if you are in the Greater Cincinnati Area or LG&E at 502-589-1444 if you are in the Louisville area, to report the problem. In addition, during weekday business hours, contact your property office. After hours and on weekends, please call the Rookwood Emergency line at 513-469-6580 to let our maintenance department know about the problem.
- May I sublet my apartment?
No, we do not permit subletting. If you must vacate your apartment and find someone who will take over your lease, they must go through our application process and be approved.
- I am getting a new roommate, what is the procedure?
The individual must fill out an application, pay the application fee, and be approved. Once approved, they will sign an addendum adding them to the lease. Click Here