- Gross monthly income to rent ratio of three to one (3 to 1) for applicants. Verifiable income will be accepted in one of the following forms:
• Written verification from your employer on company letterhead or
two consecutive pay stubs
• Prior year’s W-2
• Letter from employer stating position commencement date and salary
• Student loan documents
• Bank statement showing monthly retirement income
• Accountant’s income forecast or prior tax return if self employed
- Positive verifiable rental history. Applicants with an eviction or foreclosure record will be considered if the eviction/foreclosure occurred three (3) or more years ago and the applicant has verifiable positive landlord history since. Applicants who own their home may submit 6-12 months mortgage payment history as a residence verification.
- Positive credit history. Applicants with a discharged bankruptcy will be considered if the bankruptcy occurred one (1) or more years ago and the applicant has established positive credit references since.
- Felony convictions that are older than 10 years and non-violent will be considered. No sexual offenses on anyone residing in the apartment.
- We accept up to two (2) people per bedroom
- We do require Renter’s Insurance
- Contact your leasing office for specifics regarding that property’s pet policy.
- All Applicants are required to present their Social Security Card or Drivers License/Photo I.D. All non U.S. Citizens are required to present their Social Security Card/ITIN, VISA/Passport and or Permanent Resident Card.
- All adults residing in the apartment must fill out an application and be approved following the same guidelines. Anyone over the age of 18 (NOT living with their parent/guardian) must fill out an application and be listed as a lease holder.
- We may accept a guarantor if item one (1) is below our standard requirement. We may accept a larger deposit if item three (3) is below our standard requirement. Determination of approval with an additional deposit will be based on each individual’s credit scoring as well as types of debtors owed. NOTE: A guarantor must have an income ratio of 3 to 1 including both the rental amount of the apartment and any rental/mortgage commitment; and have good credit history.
- Applications will be rejected for the following reasons:
- Falsifying information on application
- Below Income Standard
- Prior Rental Eviction
- Severe Credit Level
- Negative Criminal History
- We follow all Federal Fair Housing laws.
The above rental criteria is the standard for all Rookwood Properties.